Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mr. Wind

Today, in my advertising literacy class, we spent the entire time watching foreign (to the US) commercials, which, needless to say, proved to be an entertaining and "what the.....was that" sort of hour and twenty minutes. Longer in length, racier in content than most US television ads, foreign commercials, for the most part, don't let you in on the product of service that they are selling until the last couple of seconds, if ever. It's more about creating a memory, a feeling for the brand, and one of my favorite ads happens to be from Epuron, a German wind energy company... here ya go:



The first time I watched it, I felt a little confused, maybe even anxious at times. The second time you go through it, it's hard not to at least smile, maybe even let out a little giggle or two. I can only hope to someday create such playful, yet meaningful messages that are able to wittily entertain, but also have a purpose other than the hard sell, I want to create awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment