Monday, February 14, 2011

Musica Para Tú

I am a music fiend. And I mean that in the most healthy way possible. For the most part. I don't consider my week complete until I have discovered at least a couple new artists that I dig, or a handful of unusual mashups or remixes that can hook me in their entirety. I am a big fan of the Hype Machine (hypem.com, check it out, open your ears), and most recentlty, music festivals. . . Austin City Limits was my most recent excursion, I would LOVE to attend South by Southwest and Coachella, but unfortunately those adventures are not in the cards for me this year, but someday! In no way do these little tidbits of  info about my music obsession qualify me to be a critic, but hey, we all know what we like, and I love sharing good music. If my friends, random passerby, or an I-pod theif (s**t happens) enjoy music that I love, I consider that a two-way gift that keeps on giving. . .a little bit of Pay It Forward, if you will? I might be pushing it a tad, but I like to think that music makes the world go 'round, in a happier, more enjoyable, more meaningful gravitational rotation. 
All of this leading up to a leeeetle somesing I want to share with you, a band by the name of 
Delta Spirit
From what I've seen of their track record, these guys have been under the radar for WAY too long, and something this good needs to be shared. I've been a fan of these guys since high school, seeing a few of their local shows in southern California (they're all from Long Beach) solidified my love for their funky, soulful, and a little bit punky vibe. Heed my advice, LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC!!!! It will make you happier person, guaranteed... by yours truly. Here's a couple of their songs for your listening pleasure, you're welcome, and happy Valentine's Day, to all you lovers out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment