Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Peace of Mind

Two exams and a photography project looming in the distance that is tomorrow, so it's easy for a quick case of A.D.D. to kick in, typical. Stressing out is imminent in any college student's life, no matter how Buddha-esque your mindset. Everyone has their happy place designated for relief during crunch time, and mine just so happens to be far, far away from me at the moment. The ocean is my stress-reliever, no matter if I stop by to gaze at the rolling waves at my favorite lookout point at home in San Clemente, CA, or jump in for a quick solo surf session at any time of the year (granted, I may need a couple layers of wetsuit in the winter, but it's still possible). 
Lasuens beach lookout point in San Clemente
 It was at the start of this semester that I finally found my happy place at SMU...photography. I'm currently taking an intro to photo class, and these pictures are proof that I've loved messing with pictures for quite some time now (I took these right before I came to Dallas). When I'm out shooting for my photography assignments, I can do the two things I love most simultaneously; wandering and listening to music. I look forward to whenever I'm able to get out and explore Dallas for my projects, and any other time I bring my camera with me. THANK YOU PHOTO CLASS! 
Strands beach in Dana Point, CA
also from Strands   

No comments:

Post a Comment