Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best Of

Good ads make me happy. Bad ads turn me off, sometimes even make me want to give a one-two punch and subsequent violent shake to the creators. Hence, I tend to focus on my favorites, taking the creative genius from them and subconsciously harnessing their powerful energies; whether it be a belly laugh or a moment of inspiration. From the bad, we can learn what NOT to do, and what we can push to improve on in our industry. I want to stick with the positive right now, so here are a few of my recent favorites:












Watch all eleven if you please, but you don't need to in order to get the message: good ads are out there, and they're plentiful, even more so overseas. It's easy to make ads that get the job done, with no emotional return in it for the viewer. This does not inherently make an advertisement terrible, but if something doesn't resonate, or connect on some level with whomever is taking the time to study it, what's the point? It's tough to create the good stuff, which is exactly what makes our industry worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment