Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finding Extraordinary in the Ordinary

Taking photography this semester has, as cliché as it sounds, really put things into perspective for me. I've had an excuse to wander around the outskirts of Dallas, to get even further away from the bubble of SMU for a while, and to really take in people, places, and objects like I could never have done without a lens in front of my right eyeball. Taking a photograph of anything can give a different spin to it, a different appearance, whether distorted or enhanced, especially when from a higher or lower (in relation to the ground) perspective. Sad to say that the semester is almost over, I have officially finished my last photo project as of today, and want to share some of my favorites, not only from this project, which was our own "personal vision," but from previous assignments. Calling them assignments feel weird, they were more like a license to experiment and learn. 














 

























No comments:

Post a Comment