Monday, April 25, 2011

"Unscripted"

It's always refreshing to find unique, different, and intuitive forms of advertising that don't actually feel like advertising. Something cool that I stumbled upon really got me excited. I love documentaries, the more eccentric they are, the better. GSD&M has produced Unscripted, a documentary style film that hones in on people and their connection to the BMW brand. The GSD&M team "searched the world for stories of passion," in order to "humanize a brand based on engineering" by "meeting its real drivers." I haven't found the time to see the entire film, but all it took for me to want so badly to watch it in its entirely was a short clip on GSD&M's home page about the purpose of it all: http://www.gsdm.com/. I will go so far as to call it a work of art. It is "works of art" such as this film that furthers my belief that advertising can be art, and it can be great. Clearly it takes extensive time, work, energy, thought, and execution, but creating ads and campaigns and ideas that inspire people, connect with an audience, or simply defy expectations is what it's all about, I think.     

No comments:

Post a Comment